Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Black leather boxing shorts are what I never knew I always wanted



One of my favourite bloggers, Fashion Snag, posted this great outfit. I've already sung praises for Kimberly Ovitz, and the sweater in that post just legitimizes my praise. But what really made my jaw hit the floor was those leather boxing shorts. When I read the post's title, I didn't picture anything as awesome as these babies.
Haute Hippie
Jacqueline Rose links to this pair of shorts. What I love so much about them is that you can wear them over leggings (just like Jacqueline Rose does) in the fall and not have to worry about showing too much. You can wear them with shorter tops or longer ones, and the boxing short style is really flattering. The only problem, for me, at least, is the 355 GBP price tag. So I went looking for less expensive alternatives for this fall would-be staple for my obsession with leggings, long tops, texture, and of course, black.

Vero Moda Very
At 129 Euro, these Vero Moda Very 100% leather shorts come very close to the originals Jacqueline Rose posted. They keep the boxing short style without costing as much.


Tripp NYC at Nasty Gal
Tripp NYC has these vegan leather shorts available at Nasty Gal for $55. They don't provide the same flowing style as the boxing shorts, but they still cover up and add great (and cruelty-free) texture.

Forever 21
These faux-leather shorts from Forever 21 have a little more give than Tripp NYC's option. At less than $20, these are definite contenders to try this look.

Forever 21
Forever 21 also has a plus size version of faux-leather shorts, again for less than $20. The only difference is these ones have the added feature of a beaded front panel. These shorts take the look a step further and add even more texture.

What do you think of black leather (or faux-leather) shorts? I personally can't stop thinking about how great these would look as part of my fall wardrobe. While you're mulling it over, be sure to check out Fashion Snag for more great ideas from Jacqueline Rose.








No comments:

Post a Comment